Malo manager Matt Dickson said the Silver Lake “taqueria Chicana” recently started selling dollar tacos. They’re available on Monday nights from 6 PM – 10 PM, dine-in only.
Of course, as my friend said, “It’s dollar taco night every night at a taco truck.” Still, this is a bargain for a sit-down Mexican restaurant with actual atmosphere.
Here are the $1 selections:
- Hard shell potato & chipotle with cheddar cheese and lettuce
- Hard shell eggplant & potato with sour cream and guacamole
- Grilled chicken soft taco with onions and cilantro
- Hard shell chicken with Jack cheese, lettuce and tomato
- Grilled & marinated vegetable soft taco
- Soy-rizo soft taco with onions and cilantro
- Grilled carne asada soft taco with onions and cilantro
- Carnitas soft taco with sour cream and guacamole
- Al pastor soft taco with onions and cilantro
- Hard shell ground beef & pickle with cheddar cheese
- Grilled fish soft taco with cabbage and sour cream ($2.50)
- Hard shell lobster taco with lettuce ($5)
- Malo even offers three specials from the bar:
El Jimador Blanco Margarita ($6)
Malo “Traffico” ($8) – El Jimador Blanco tequila, Tuaca, fresh lemon and agave nectar on the rocks with canela sugared rim
Sangria, red or white ($6), made with wine, brandy and fresh juice
The following tacos cost $1.50 each:
Dickson also said they’re currently remodeling the upstairs to host private parties.