The Brew & You “10 Top Craft Beer Destinations” list careens into the South Bay this week with 10 varied establishments that will satisfy your love of craft beer. Listings appear in alphabetical order, not in order of preference.
6. Rock & Brews is another multi-location craft-centric outlet. Be it PCH, the LAX airport or their home base in El Segundo, expect some classic rock music and wide selection of beers to choose from.
7. Select Beer Store in Redondo Beach is known for their Facebook posts where patrons hold up a chalkboard sign whenever a new tap is flowing. You can sample at the bar or buy to go from their great selection.
8. Simmzy’s has two locations one In Belmont and the other Manhattan Beach. Both have great food to go along with their well-curated tap lists. The graham cracker rich S’more Pudding is perfect with a stout.
9. Smog City Brewing’s taproom in Torrance is the place to sample Jonathan Porter’s creations from Grape Ape IPA, to Flanders Reds to Little Bo Pils. Get there at the right time and the comfy “Brewer’s Lounge” chair may be available.
10. Strand Brewing is a short “hop” from the other Torrance breweries and it’s barrel filled tasting room is perfect for grabbing a growler of their rightfully lauded 24th Street Pale or their Atticus IPA among many choices.