The Brew & You “10 Top Craft Beer Destinations” list careens into the South Bay this week with 10 varied establishments that will satisfy your love of craft beer.
View South Bay Craft Beer Destinations in a larger map
Numbered establishments on the map correspond to information below for easy reference. Establishments also appear in alphabetical order instead of in order of preference.
1. The Brewery at Abigaile’s is another Hermosa Beach establishment that started as just a restaurant but now also houses the creations of Brian Brewer. Beers such as the Nihilist Double IPA and Tangerine Honey Wit.
2. El Segundo Brewing Co. is right across the street from the R&B and its diminutive tap room houses a lot of wonderful hoppy options for the lovers of Pale Ales, IPA’s and DIPA’s. You can also get their 22oz bombers there.
3. Hot’s Kitchen [CLOSED] in Hermosa Beach has 46, count ’em, 46 taps and you can also count on finding local breweries like The Dudes or Golden Road on tap. Oh and you can grab a bite with your brew while there.
4. Monkish Brewing is a quick jog away from Smog City and has a delightful tasting area that is split into two sections. Grab a Feminist (the beer) from brewmaster Henry Nguyen and relax.
5. Naja’s Place is right on the water and has taps a’plenty to choose from. You can watch the boats glide on the water while you sip your pint. Naja’s has been on top of the craft beer scene for a while so say cheers to a joint that has been carrying the torch a long time.