Food GPS Fried Chicken Festival: Top L.A. Chefs in Chinatown
The highly anticipated 3rd Annual Food GPS Fried Chicken Festival, presented by Bolthouse Farms, will be taking place on Sunday, August 17, from 4 pm to 7 pm, at Chinatown’s historic Central Plaza. This all-inclusive chef-driven event includes some of L.A.’s best chefs preparing unique fried chicken dishes and sides, in addition to an array of delicious desserts and beverages.
Top L.A. chefs and restaurants serving fried chicken and sides at this year’s event include:
- BADMAASH Nakul Mahendro – Punjabi Chicken Pakora with Roasted Cumin & Cilantro Slaw
- Craft Ray England – Fried Chicken Patty with a Parker House Roll and Smoked Gribiche, Side of Schmaltz Tots
- Dante Fried Chicken Dante Gonzales – DFC Combo: Sock-It-To-Me Fried Chicken, Apricot Crack & Chocolate Guinness Blueberry Sauce, Coconut Honey Biscuit, Nu Skool Elote
- Eggslut Alvin Cailan & Johnny Lee – Best Thing We Ate, Zagat 2013 – Fried Chicken Belly Mazemen with Egg Noodles
- Free Range LA Jesse Furman – Crispy Honey Sriracha Tender with Vinegar Chile Coleslaw
- Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese Eric Greenspan – Buffalo Blue (Rye Bread, Blue Cheese, Spicy Carrot-Celery Slaw and Fried Chicken) with Latke Bites and Apple Creme Fraiche
- Homegirl Café & Catering – Habanero Fried Chicken with Pickled Vegetable Slaw
- Kris Morningstar – Fried Chicken with Pimento Cheese Grits, Maple and Scallions
- Ladies’ Gunboat Society at Flores Brian Dunsmoor – Fried Chicken with Local Spiced Honey, Cilantro, Benne Seeds and Watermelon Salad
- Superba Food & Bread Jason Travi – “Piece in the Middle East: Lebanese Spiced Chicken, Pomegranate Molasses with Yogurt-Aleppo Corn Bread”
Ladies’ Gunboat Society at Flores executive chef Brian Dunsmoor said, “I love the fact that even the worst fried chicken is still good but eating great fried chicken is like finding god!”
- McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams – Eureka Lemon and Marionberries, Double Peanut Butter Chip
- Quenelle – Mango Pineapple Soup, Blood Orange and Greek Yogurt Sorbets, Chamomile Gelee, Marcona Almonds, Coconut Feuilletine
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – Mini Cupcakes: Red Velvet, Carrot, Lemon, Vanilla, S’mores
- Valerie Confections -Stone Fruit Crisp
Beverages: Jason Bran and Damian Windsor are creating cocktails for the festival. Guests should also expect juice from Bolthouse Farms, craft beer from Firestone Walker Brewing Co., coffee from Portola Coffee Lab, tea from Seventh Tea Bar, craft sodas from Los Angeles Ale Works, water from Pure Water of Los Angeles, and some fun surprise drinks.
Sponsors: Bolthouse Farms® loudly and proudly celebrates fresh fruits and veggies. Come explore and enjoy their super-premium juices and smoothies.
Chinatown Business Improvement District, an organization with a mission to creatively plan, manage and facilitate the rebirth of historic Chinatown as a multinational culturally defined, economically vibrant and socially engaging community, provided key support.
Charity: A portion of the event proceeds will benefit the Chinatown Service Center, established in 1971, the largest community-based Chinese American health and human services organization in Southern California. Funds will go to the Los Angeles Chinatown Youth Council (LACYC), which provides the growing population of Chinatown youth with programs that guide them towards positive endeavors and further them in their development as confident and contributing adults.
Location: Chinatown’s Central Plaza, 943-951 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Transportation and Parking: The event is a short walk from the Metro Gold Line Chinatown station. Lot parking is available in the neighborhood, and street parking is also an option.